ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

How to paste text letter-by-letter?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Raja OsamaHow to paste text letter-by-letter?
by on Oct 16, 2012 at 7:59:07 pm

Ok, what I need to do is do a screen recording of a website explanation, and then import the video in after effects.

The problem I'm running into is that, the screen recording has to capture a text field in which text is being typed.

Problem: There are several such text fields in which text is to be typed, and there is chunks of text, so I cannot type in all the text.

Solution I considered but cant be used: leave the text fields blank, import the video in after effects, and use the typewriter effect to fake the text being typed in..
I cannot use this solution, due to various reasons.

So I'm thinking is there a tool by which if I copy a chunk of text, and I can paste the text letter-by-letter, as if it were being typed in..

Sounds like a tough one I know.. Or maybe I'm just missing a simple solution. Any helps guyz would be greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index

Dan BlaimRe: How to paste text letter-by-letter?
by on Oct 16, 2012 at 11:59:14 pm

1 simple way would be to capture the screen without text and then with text in the fields. (making sure not to change anything but the field boxes.
layer the video with text over the one without and mask the text layer and keyframe a reveal.
Multiple masks for each line if needed.

Return to posts index

Raja OsamaRe: How to paste text letter-by-letter?
by on Oct 17, 2012 at 9:14:08 am

Thanks mate, appreciate it

Return to posts index

Vishesh AroraRe: How to paste text letter-by-letter?
by on Oct 18, 2012 at 7:07:48 pm

You can also use Wipe Transition effect instead of Mask because it will be easy to key fame it.

Vishesh Arora
3D and Motion Graphics Artist
Films Rajendra

Demo Reel(3D):

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved