ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Looking for website for identifying effects

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Martha ShaneLooking for website for identifying effects
by on Oct 16, 2012 at 5:32:38 pm

Hi,

Quick question having to do more with motion graphics in general than After Effects specifically. I have a news segment from Indian TV, and I'd like to match an effect that they put on some of the text, but I can't figure out what effect they used.

Is there a site where you can post video samples, and people try to identify what effect is being used? Or is it something that I could post here?

I know that there are sites oriented towards font identification, but I'm not sure if there's the same for effects.

Thanks!
Martha

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Looking for website for identifying effects
by on Oct 16, 2012 at 6:09:28 pm

Post a link or the clip here. If it's a rather long clip, specify the time code where the effect occurs. With the amount of traffic this forum recieves I doubt it will be long before you have an answer.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: Looking for website for identifying effects
by on Oct 16, 2012 at 6:39:15 pm

You can post a link to the news segment or upload it here on the COW.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Martha ShaneRe: Looking for website for identifying effects
by on Oct 16, 2012 at 6:53:16 pm

Great, thanks!

I'm looking for information on the twinkling effect that's used on the text reading "Skunky aka Jonathan Singer/ On the Xylophone."

Here's a link to the video:

http://reels.creativecow.net/film/type-effect-from-indian-tv-news-segment

Thanks so much for the help.

Martha

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: Looking for website for identifying effects
by on Oct 16, 2012 at 7:22:17 pm

The animation of the text dropping in looks like an animation preset for 3d Text- you find those in the AE Animation presets.
The glow/shine on the letters can be created individually by isolating a letter, animating a qlow to come on and go out in a few frames. You can also duplicate that layer and apply a quick Directional Blur (vertical) whose animation matches the number of frames of the Glow. You can do this on several letters offsetting the animations.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]