ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

DCP 23.976 24p

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Helgi SverrissonDCP 23.976 24p
by on Oct 15, 2012 at 3:18:48 pm

I need to make a DCP from a 23.976 material. I have no trouble with the video but the last time I did the 0.1% time change to the audio I had lot of sync problems.
I finally went to some cinema sound-guy who told me the only solution to the problem was using some Pro-toole plug-in. So we did and it worked. It took like 8 hours to render the file, but it worked. This was a lot of trouble and expensive so I ask is there a way to do this in Audition?

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: DCP 23.976 24p
by on Oct 15, 2012 at 3:52:31 pm

[Helgi Sverrisson] "I need to make a DCP from a 23.976 material. I have no trouble with the video but the last time I did the 0.1% time change to the audio I had lot of sync problems. I finally went to some cinema sound-guy who told me the only solution to the problem was using some Pro-toole plug-in. So we did and it worked. It took like 8 hours to render the file, but it worked. This was a lot of trouble and expensive so I ask is there a way to do this in Audition?"

I don't see why this wouldn't work -- other than that 24/23.976 is 1.(001) [meaning the .001 repeats, like 1.001001001001001), not 1.001 exactly, so your math is a little imprecise.

You don't have to do any of the conversion math yourself. If you import your 23.976 image sequence into Ae, then change its interpretation to 24.0 fps, its duration in the project panel will change. You can then simply put that duration into the Audition Stretch and Pitch effect -- just make sure that you are using the correct units for that duration (SMTPE 24 fps [Film])!

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Helgi SverrissonRe: DCP 23.976 24p
by on Oct 16, 2012 at 1:51:50 pm

Thangs I will try this and reply with the result.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]