ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Cineon DPX- export 25fps

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
tom baileyCineon DPX- export 25fps
by on Oct 13, 2012 at 11:09:46 pm

Hi,
I'm trying to find where I can adjust the frame rate settings for exporting cineon/DPX from AE.
The project was shot on RED, 4K, 25fps and I'm doing cleanup on some R3D files.

After exporting the DPX sequence I found when bringing it into FCP that they were 24fps, and this was confirmed when i brought the exported sequence back into AE. I've tried experimenting with Render settings and the option in output mode but always get 24fps.

Is there somewhere else to set DPx export settings?

Many thanks for any help in advance!

After Effects 10.0.0.45B
25fps

Return to posts index

Tero AhlforsRe: Cineon DPX- export 25fps
by on Oct 14, 2012 at 7:43:48 am

By default it is going by your composition settings.

Return to posts index

tom baileyRe: Cineon DPX- export 25fps
by on Oct 14, 2012 at 8:10:05 am

Hi Tero,

Thanks for the response. I just checked it and my compositions are all set to 25 fps as well. This is the same in project settings. Do you have any other ideas I could try?

Bailey.

Return to posts index

by on Oct 14, 2012 at 10:03:03 am

I rendered a couple of sequences out and the framerate I set in render settings was correct in Premiere Pro and when I brought the sequences back.

Return to posts index

by on Oct 14, 2012 at 6:12:55 pm

Oh, I'm going into FCP and After Effects. I expect that shouldn't make too much difference.
Not sure what else to try.

Thanks for your help though Tero.

Bailey.

Return to posts index

by on Oct 15, 2012 at 3:26:11 am

Are you using Gluetools or something with FCP? I know it has on option to set the fps of a sequence, but does it have a setting that defaults every imported sequence at 24fps?

Return to posts index

by on Oct 15, 2012 at 10:38:28 am

I've got a trial version of Glue Tools, (as without it i couldn't get DPx into FCP at all) and I don't seem to have any GUI accessible application window (...thing) where i can adjust settings. Its going to an online editor who isn't using FCP and doesn't seem to need glue tools to get DPX into his system. But I wanted to check the shots and get them into a sequence before going to him.

Return to posts index

Dino MuhicRe: Cineon DPX- export 25fps
by on Oct 15, 2012 at 1:41:36 pm

An image sequence is just an array of images. You can set the standard import settings for image sequences in the AE preferences. Whatever is set there as a standard will be applied to an imported sequence.

You don't wanna know how often I had to redo my comp because the imported passes where set to 30fps but I worked in 25fps, just because I worked on a new machine.

However, since it is just a sequence of images you can interpret it as any fps you want, just by right-clicking on it in the project window -> Interpret Footage -> Frames per second.

Dino Muhic - Media Producer
VFX - Motion Graphics - Web-Design - Or just ART
http://www.dinomuhic.com

Return to posts index

by on Oct 15, 2012 at 2:07:29 pm

Great!
But how do i retain that frame rate if i enter it into FCP?

Return to posts index

Dino MuhicRe: Cineon DPX- export 25fps
by on Oct 15, 2012 at 2:15:01 pm

Sorry, I'm no FCP user but I think there should be a way to interpret it as 25fps as you can in premiere pro. Or are you using FCPX?

Dino Muhic - Media Producer
VFX - Motion Graphics - Web-Design - Or just ART
http://www.dinomuhic.com

Return to posts index

by on Oct 15, 2012 at 2:40:53 pm

I'm using FCP 7.
Thanks then, I'll have a look. I know about interpret text in AE but haven't come across it in FCP. I know my project in FCP is 25fps.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]