ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Easing an Emitter on a Motion Path?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Max Jackson
Easing an Emitter on a Motion Path?
on Oct 13, 2012 at 7:14:17 pm

Hi CC,

I'm trying to ease something that looks like a tentacle going up a window.

The thing is my tentacle was made in Particular and it's motion is controlled by a motion path. I'd like to ease the motion so it slinks in quickly, slows down, and then quickly slinks out of the motion.

However, sine there's no keyframes I'm having a hard time figuring out out to control the easing of this motion. Time-remapping doesn't seem to affect it either.

Is there a simple way to do this?

Return to posts index

Erik Waluska
Re: Easing an Emitter on a Motion Path?
on Oct 13, 2012 at 11:33:54 pm

Hi Max, I get the result you're going for but could you describe how you have this animation set up in a little more detail? The part about not having keyframes has me baffled.

Return to posts index

Max Jackson
on Oct 14, 2012 at 3:10:55 am

Hi Erik,

I actually am figuring it out. To ease with a motion path you can use the motion path points in the motion editor to exact easing. I don't know how this eluded me but I'm making some yardage now.

That being said, I don't think there's a way to do Particular in reverse but I assume once I have the effect perfected I can make a proxy of the animation and then reverse it for the desired effect.

Thanks for responding though! :D

Return to posts index

Matthew Keane
on Oct 14, 2012 at 11:32:49 am

[Max Jackson] " I don't think there's a way to do Particular in reverse"

I've never tried this, but what happens if you set the Physics Time Factor to a negative value once you've reached the point where you want things to run backwards?

Matthew Keane

Freelancer based in Paris, France
- Motion Graphics, Video Editing & Effects, Watchout Programming & Live Operation.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]