ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Problem with freeform pro

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Anne Lammers
Problem with freeform pro
on Oct 12, 2012 at 1:38:26 pm

Hello everyone!
I´ve recently got the plugin freeform pro. I´d like to add it to my puppet to give it a 3d feeling when making minor turns (just like Daniel Gies in his tutorials). However, when I add the effect to the layer I want to manipulate, the whole layer gets distorted. I even tried opening the free project file on freeform pro´s website (the puppet by Daniel Gies) but this is what I get:

My graphics card is ATI Radeon HD 5670 with about 4gb space so that shouldn´t be the problem... Any ideas on how to fix this?

Return to posts index

Chris Bobotis
Re: Problem with freeform pro
on Oct 12, 2012 at 1:52:15 pm

Hi Anne,

CS5 or CS6? Do you have the latest version of Catalyst? Catalyst is the driver for your ATI card. Please get in touch with me at chris@mettle.com or through our tech support : http://www.mettle.com/technical-support/

I will be happy to help any way I can.

Cheers,
Chris
mettle.com

Return to posts index

Anne Lammers
on Oct 12, 2012 at 6:12:19 pm

Thank you for your help Chris, it seems I didn´t have the right driver version. Though now I´m coping with wrong display settings haha. Luckily freeform pro works tho´.

Return to posts index

Chris Bobotis
on Oct 12, 2012 at 6:38:38 pm

My pleasure Anne, glad all is good now. Would love to see your puppet when you are done. Please post it. Have a nice weekend :-)

Cheers,
Chris
mettle.com

Return to posts index

Anne Lammers
on Oct 17, 2012 at 11:26:58 am

Wish I could, sadly I couldn´t fix the problems that the driver update gave me so I had to deinstall the update which means no freeform pro... Any suggestion for another plugin that might give a slight 3d effect to a puppet?

Anne

Return to posts index

Chris Bobotis
on Oct 17, 2012 at 11:38:26 am

I thought the new driver fixed things for you? Please e-mail me at chris@mettle.com

FreeForm V2 can do this with puppets too and it does not have not rely on the Display card (GPU).

HTH

Cheers,
Chris
mettle.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]