ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

pick whip the distortion mesh offset in liquify effect to tracked null

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mitch Hardisonpick whip the distortion mesh offset in liquify effect to tracked null
by on Oct 11, 2012 at 1:09:52 pm

Ok I've tracked an object and applied all everything to a null. Now I want to add the liquify effect to and adjustment layer and pickwhip the distortion mesh offset to the null. Make sense. I tried alt clicking and using the pick whip but the effect disappeared. Any better way to do the than key framing the positon manually?

Return to posts index

Cassius MarquesRe: pick whip the distortion mesh offset in liquify effect to tracked null
by on Oct 11, 2012 at 1:52:36 pm

Is your null linked to something? If so it's position value won't reflect your composition space values.

Try instead of pickwhipping to paste this:

a=thisComp.layer("Null 1");
a.toComp(a.anchorPoint)

//replace Null 1 with your null's name

Return to posts index

Mitch HardisonRe: pick whip the distortion mesh offset in liquify effect to tracked null
by on Oct 11, 2012 at 3:02:06 pm

dude, that worked....you are a genius. Thank you so much!!

Return to posts index

osmael suarezRe: pick whip the distortion mesh offset in liquify effect to tracked null
by on May 4, 2014 at 4:40:03 pm

PLEASE HELP. I don't understand that last bit of instruction. I need to do the same thing, where I can track a liquify effect to a moving object/person. Please tell me step by step how to plug in that bit of instruction given. I'm not a professional at that level. How do I input those instructions onto footage that I tracked? VERY FRUSTRATED!!!!! There is no information anywhere on the internet on how to do this!!!!

Return to posts index

Cassius MarquesRe: pick whip the distortion mesh offset in liquify effect to tracked null
by on May 5, 2014 at 12:03:49 pm

You have to alt + click the stopwatch on the liquify's position property. Then paste that bit of code replacing the name as needed.

If you still don't know how then search for help on how to add expressions.

Return to posts index

osmael suarezRe: pick whip the distortion mesh offset in liquify effect to tracked null
by on May 12, 2014 at 12:21:32 pm

Thank you for the prompt reply. I only need to know if once I right click(using mac) on the distortion mesh offset stopwatch and the layer opens allowing for text input, IF I will enter all that text in that one layer box or if after the semicolon, add the following text (what looks like the other half ) expression onto another layer. Please, because I can't find an answer anywhere and be certain.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]