ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Quickest Keying Workflow Question

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lance PickettQuickest Keying Workflow Question
by on Oct 8, 2012 at 7:14:00 pm

First, thanks for looking at my question. I appreciate your time.

I have a couple hundred short clips with greenscreen backgrounds. These shots are locked down on a tri-pod so there are no movements etc.

I am to deliver these keyed out shots as individual files named after the scene number.

I'm finding that it is taking forever to key out every clip using Keylight and export them individually. There has got to be a faster way since the keylight setting should be the same for every clip. I'm on a very tight schedule.

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: Quickest Keying Workflow Question
by on Oct 9, 2012 at 11:27:27 am

To speed up the keying process, use PPro to separate the shots with IDENTICAL lighting/perspective (anything that will require tweaking the objects) into their own folders.

In AE, key a single shot and then save the keying settings as an Animation Preset. Then it's a matter of creating comps for each clip and applying the Preset.

If you're willing to pay someone, this should be doable via automation with AE's Javascript language. Pop by the COW's AE Expression forum. to post your Q there.

Intensive AE & Mocha Training in Singapore and Malaysia
Adobe ACE/ACI (version 7) & Imagineer Systems Inc Approved Mocha Trainer

Return to posts index

Joseph W. BourkeRe: Quickest Keying Workflow Question
by on Oct 9, 2012 at 2:00:13 pm

Roland is right. The only thing that might throw a wrench in your works is if the subject moves around at all. In that case, the point that you're picking your green reference from might be obscured, or a slightly different shade of green, due to lighting. Otherwise, Roland's idea should work like a charm!

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media

Return to posts index

Lance PickettRe: Quickest Keying Workflow Question
by on Oct 12, 2012 at 2:12:50 pm

Thanks, I was able to figure out a workflow using your tips. It sure saved me many many hours! I just need a faster computer to render faster. I appreciate it!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved