ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Nested compositions aren't playing/visible

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Enrique Garcia
Nested compositions aren't playing/visible
on Oct 8, 2012 at 4:37:44 pm

I'm working on a sequence of FX shots for an indie movie, I have one master comp for the whole sequence and then each individual shot gets it's own comp. So the master comp is basically one comp layer after another.

I've been working fine for a whole week and this morning suddenly, my old comps won't appear in the main comp. If I open the comp itself, everything's perfectly fine, but it simply will not appear in the main comp (it's there as a layer).

I've searched around for this topic and have yet to find a solution that works. Tried turning OpenGL on and off, nothing happened. All layers in every comp are turned on. The only thing I can think of that changed from when AE worked fine to now is that I upgraded my video card's drivers. I am on CS4, btw (yes, I'm behind...)

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Return to posts index

Enrique Garcia
Re: Nested compositions aren't playing/visible
on Oct 8, 2012 at 10:18:42 pm

Okay, so it was a major goof on my part. One of the pre-comps I had, which incidentally spans the entire main comp, had a dupe of the base footage in it that I forgot to turn off... so it made everything below that pre-comp appear to be gone.

My bad!

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: Nested compositions aren't playing/visible
on Oct 9, 2012 at 2:26:38 am

[Enrique Garcia] "One of the pre-comps I had, which incidentally spans the entire main comp, had a dupe of the base footage in it that I forgot to turn off... so it made everything below that pre-comp appear to be gone."

Guide layers [link] were made for exactly this scenario.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]