ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

AE exporting only 1:17 of my timeline

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ryan HansenAE exporting only 1:17 of my timeline
by on Oct 8, 2012 at 1:12:40 pm

Hey,

So I keep exporting my video from AE and it only exports 1:17 of my 20 min+

I have the start and end points set correctly and everything else I believe is good. I can't figure out why it keeps only exporting a 1:17 of timeline.

I started a completely different project on my mac book (different computer) and when I was done editing that I went to export it, it was also about 20+ min long and it only exported about 1:15-1:17. Whats going on here? Am I setting up my project wrong or something, any kind of trouble shooting things I could do?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: AE exporting only 1:17 of my timeline
by on Oct 8, 2012 at 2:03:17 pm

This might be a stupid question(but we have to start somewhere), but depending on your compression 1 minute might be a huge file, do you have enough drive space to store this video?

Second is AE giving you any error codes in the render queue?

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Ryan HansenRe: AE exporting only 1:17 of my timeline
by on Oct 8, 2012 at 2:17:43 pm

I thought that too but I have plenty of room for the video on both computers I tried. What's weird is I watched the video export and saw it going through the whole timeline and it takes at least an hour or two for the video to export and I don't get any error codes either.

Return to posts index

by on Oct 8, 2012 at 2:37:23 pm

What are your rendering and output settings? Also what is happening at 1:17 of your video? Are there any effects, adjustment layers, keyframes.

When you said you set up different project on a different computer, were you using the same footage? I wonder if there isn't some possible issue there, what type of footage are you using?

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."

Return to posts index

Ryan HansenRe: AE exporting only 1:17 of my timeline
by on Oct 8, 2012 at 2:46:16 pm

The timeline consist of animated text and images, (background for a green shoot) eventually there will be a talent layed over top of the timeline but as for what you asked there are no keyframes or anything at the point where the video gets cut off. The first 2-3 of the video is just a static screen of text.

The project for now doesn't have any imported footage or anything, its basically all just pre comps all built within AE. I can get it to fully export on a different desktop at our studio which really doesn't make sense bc they are all the same setup.

Return to posts index

by on Oct 8, 2012 at 3:51:22 pm

So it works on a different computer, that is really strange. Perhaps it's an indivudual computer issue, if it's working on one system and not another.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]