ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

AE Template - Please ASSIST!

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
alex gomezAE Template - Please ASSIST!
by on Oct 7, 2012 at 12:35:14 am

Please don't berate me but I'm a newbie to the graphics world and I bought an After Effects template off Revostock to WOW some folks! It was created in CS4 and has Shine and Optical Flares in it. Kinda shnazzy. Anyhoo, I plugged in my video files and updated the text, but it looks realllly blurry and unfocucused - pixelated if you will. I had to enlarge the .mov file in order for it to fit in the space alotted for the video. Any ideas how I can fix that? Is it fixable? I'm using CS5.5 that doesn't have Shine OR Optical flares. Is that perhaps the problem?
Thanks in advance for your help - I need to present this tomorrow morning.

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: AE Template - Please ASSIST!
by on Oct 7, 2012 at 1:18:18 am

Is your video the part this is unfocused? Just a guess, but is the project you bought HD and your video SD? That would be the problem right there.(IF this isn't the case, some screen grabs might be necessary)

If that's the case. You could take the final project(the one you would render) with your video and drag it to the new comp button. Press Cntl+K, then choose a Standard Def Widescreen Preset(720 x 480 Pixel Aspect Ration of 1.21). Now select the layer in your project and press Cntl + Alt + F to automatically scale the project to your composition.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved