ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Stereo import from C4D only importing 1 camera

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Goldberg
Stereo import from C4D only importing 1 camera
on Oct 3, 2012 at 12:24:39 pm

Hi,
I reloaded my system due to a crash last week, and have what seems to be a big problem, but probably a simple solution. I've been exporting scenes from C4D (v13) to AE CS5. Prior to the reload, my comps were importing correctly with a Left and Right camera for each stereo scene. Since the reload, only 1 camera in being imported. Can anyone think about what this could be? Is it possible it's a CS5 vs CS5.5 issue? We only reloaded CS5, because I couldn't remember if we had actually upgraded to CS5.5, and so that's the only thing I can thing of being different. Anything will help.
Thanks,
Mike

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: Stereo import from C4D only importing 1 camera
on Oct 3, 2012 at 2:59:28 pm

[Michael Goldberg] "Prior to the reload, my comps were importing correctly with a Left and Right camera for each stereo scene. Since the reload, only 1 camera in being imported. Can anyone think about what this could be? Is it possible it's a CS5 vs CS5.5 issue? We only reloaded CS5, because I couldn't remember if we had actually upgraded to CS5.5, and so that's the only thing I can thing of being different. Anything will help."

That may well be it -- AE CS5.5 brought several improvements in stereoscopic 3D [link].

I don't remember offhand -- are there different versions of the C4D importer for CS5 and CS5.5?

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Michael Goldberg
Re: Stereo import from C4D only importing 1 camera
on Oct 3, 2012 at 5:06:27 pm

Hi,
It's the same plug in for AE CS3-CS5.5.
I'm going to update to AE 5.5 and see if that solves the problem.

Mike

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]