ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

How to Succeed at Compression through Exporting from After Effects for Google Adwords Flash Banner?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Clayton StoreyHow to Succeed at Compression through Exporting from After Effects for Google Adwords Flash Banner?
by on Oct 3, 2012 at 6:54:36 am

I went from creating a stunning 30 second ad at 29.9fps, and bit by bit slowly whittled it down to 6.5 seconds, 10fps and still exceeded the minimum file size by 8 times the amount! I'm at wit's end and must be missing something very simple. There's not a lot on the net about exporting/rendering from AE for Flash Banner ads. Can anyone assist in telling me how I can achieve a 50kb file? I was so excited about animating a banner for my client, but feel because of deadlines I may have to give up and just provide a JPG still :(

Here's a link to the heavily compromised ad - http://anthonysteadlandscapes.com.au/adissue/LoopingAdR.htm

Return to posts index

Chris ButtacoliRe: How to Succeed at Compression through Exporting from After Effects for Google Adwords Flash Banner?
by on Oct 3, 2012 at 3:49:59 pm

You will get much, much better results using a transcoder such as Sorenson Squeeze

Return to posts index

Mato KokoticRe: How to Succeed at Compression through Exporting from After Effects for Google Adwords Flash Banner?
by on Oct 3, 2012 at 7:49:32 pm

Why not use vector elements (logo, text, background, only people as PNG, maybe evn GIF in native resolution, not scaled in AE), turn off motion blur and effects, then export as SWF? Shouldn't be over 50kB that way...

Return to posts index

Clayton StoreyRe: How to Succeed at Compression through Exporting from After Effects for Google Adwords Flash Banner?
by on Oct 4, 2012 at 1:06:22 am

Thanks for the reply Mato. Chris' advice on using Sorenson Squeeze gave me the results I was looking for without that compromise. Next time I start from scratch though, I'll take your advice into account. Appreciate it.

Return to posts index

Clayton StoreyRe: How to Succeed at Compression through Exporting from After Effects for Google Adwords Flash Banner?
by on Oct 4, 2012 at 1:04:03 am

Wow! I never thought to use Sorenson. Thank you. I imported the original 30 second .mov AE render into Sorenson and used this preset:
Web>Download>Flash>SWF(Flash 9+)>Play Options:Linked FLV Video;Play Automatically; Play Forever.

...and got it down to a tiny 13kb SWF file!! XD

I'm a little worried though, that I can't play it without the "MPEG-4 Video for Flash Player" (which was a separate file that also came out of the export), which is 423KB. Is this cause for concern? Is there a preset in Sorenson that exports the file as a standalone SWF without this? Advice??

Thanks again. So far it's been miraculous!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]