ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Unable to save Custom Preset in approp AE folder due to "You don't currently have permission to access this folder"

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tom DaigonUnable to save Custom Preset in approp AE folder due to "You don't currently have permission to access this folder"
by on Oct 2, 2012 at 8:49:37 pm

I created a custom Twitch preset and attempted to save it in the AE CS6 Presets folder when Windows 7 told me "You don't currently have permission to access this folder".
I am Administrator for machine.How to I circumvent this block?

Tom Daigon
PrP / After Effects Editor
http://www.hdshotsandcuts.com

(Best viewed at 1080P and full screen)
HP Z820 Dual 2687
64GB ram
Dulce DQg2 16TB raid

Return to posts index

Luke ThompsonRe: Unable to save Custom Preset in approp AE folder due to "You don't currently have permission to access this folder"
by on Oct 2, 2012 at 8:59:35 pm

You might need to right-click on AE in the start menu and select "Run as Administrator".

Return to posts index

Krystyna JenningsRe: Unable to save Custom Preset in approp AE folder due to "You don't currently have permission to access this folder"
by on Jul 23, 2015 at 11:39:42 pm

right clicking in start menu AE program icon helps, it will run as a administrator acount, saved me a lot of time! Thank you!

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: Unable to save Custom Preset in approp AE folder due to "You don't currently have permission to access this folder"
by on Oct 2, 2012 at 10:03:29 pm

Even if you are the admin you still need to run the app in admin mode. Right click on AE and select Run as Administrator. This should solve your problem.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]