ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Comp Length / last frame issue

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Richard DaleComp Length / last frame issue
by on Oct 2, 2012 at 4:42:38 pm

I'm sure there a simple reason why this is happening but I can't figure out why.

No matter what length I set my comp to in seconds I can never jump to the last frame of my movie.

For example, if I set my comp to 25 frames per second and six seconds long when I press the last frame icon in the RAM preview it jumps to 5 seconds and 24 frames and not six seconds, I can't even scrub the CTI to six seconds.

If however I set my comp length to 6 seconds and 1 frame the CTI scrubs to six seconds and pressing the last frame in the RAM preview takes me to six seconds.

This is fine but then when I export my movie its 6 seconds and 1 frame long. Its not the end of the world but its just annoying when I then bring my movie into Final Cut for editing, I want my Intro created in After Effects to be 6 seconds long exactly.

What am I doing wrong or is this normal?

Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Comp Length / last frame issue
by on Oct 2, 2012 at 5:09:52 pm

AE defaults is set to start the first frame as 0. If you want the last frame to be 6 seconds when you create a new comp you need to change the start frame time to be 1.

You can change this at any time by selecting a comp and pressing "Cntl + K"

Johnny Cuevas, Editor

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Richard DaleRe: Comp Length / last frame issue
by on Oct 2, 2012 at 5:14:38 pm

Thanks mate very much appreciated. I had seen the start time but I didn't realise.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved