ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

After effects corrupting video files?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
bruno koch
After effects corrupting video files?
on Oct 2, 2012 at 3:39:47 pm

Hi!

I've been recording a videos to create time-lapse of making my project.
I just started to edit the video, i've got something like 100 videos, all using a lossless codec, called lagarith.

All went fine up until the 5th or so video, where AE gave me an error like this:
"after effects error recording frame from file"
I tried reimporting it and clearing the cache, but that resulted in another type of error:
after effects eror: zero denominator converting ratio denominators

I tried to play the video with 2 different video players, but they crashed, even though i clearly remember this video working before i imported it into AE.

I thought that it was some weird bug, so i skipped that video, but this error happened once again on another video a bit after the previous one.
This time the second error i got simply stated that AE doesn't support this file, but the other video players can't open this file anymore either.

I seriously can't tell why this would happen, all of the videos have the same resolution/FPS/codec. The only thing these two erroneous videos have in common is that they are both over 2GB, but i don't think that would cause an error like this.

Could anyone tell me what this problem is, and/or how to avoid/fix it?

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Re: After effects corrupting video files?
on Oct 2, 2012 at 6:18:03 pm

Are you on a mac or pc? How are your drives formatted? What OS? What version of AE?

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

bruno koch
on Oct 2, 2012 at 7:06:36 pm

Hi!

I'm using PC, the HDD is less then a year old and i haven't had any previous problems with it. Windows 7. AE 10.5 (CS5.5).
I tried to open the file in mplayer, media player classic, vdub and sony vegas.

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
on Oct 2, 2012 at 8:34:30 pm

Hmm, I heard of issues with files over 2GB for Apple, because of QuickTime, but those here mostly with files on network drives.
It may be that there are some issues with the lagarith codec. Here's alink that may be useful:

http://forums.creativecow.net/thread/2/929172

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

bruno koch
on Oct 3, 2012 at 6:04:45 pm

Hey!

Thanks for the tip, the option was unchecked in the recording software, but even if the problem was this option, I imagine it's already too late to fix the 200gb of footage. I'll try keeping second copies of the footage.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]