ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

expression: reveal object upon movement

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
derek bassexpression: reveal object upon movement
by on Oct 1, 2012 at 11:45:13 pm

Hi everyone -

I have about 100 small objects in my composition that begin moving at different times. Each object needs to be transparent, or not visible in whatever way possible, until it starts moving.

I don't have a lot of experience with expressions, but my best guess is that there is some kind of on/off switch, if/else expression that could be made for opacity of each object so that opacity is 0% while the object is stationary, but 100% if it is moving. The other factor is that I want each object to stay visible indefinitely after it becomes visible.

Yes, I realize that I could just start each layer when each object is moving, but it would help my composition stay organized and give me more mobility if I could use an expression.

Does anyone know an expression that could do the job?

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: expression: reveal object upon movement
by on Oct 2, 2012 at 1:24:21 am

Perhaps, someone can answer here, but if I were you I would just copy what you wrote and paste it into a post in the expressions forum and wait until one of the expressions genius answered it.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

derek bassRe: expression: reveal object upon movement
by on Oct 2, 2012 at 1:26:11 am

I didn't know about the expressions forum. I'll post it there. Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved