ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

AE CS6 wave warp pinning not working?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul Gale
AE CS6 wave warp pinning not working?
on Oct 1, 2012 at 10:51:58 pm

I'm trying to use the wave warp on some text in the latest version of CS6 - the warp works OK but the pinning option doesn't seem to make any difference at all. I'm trying to pin the left hand edge but it just doesn't seem to work.

Can anyone else confirm that it does work OK for them?

Thanks,

Paul.

Return to posts index

Roland R. Kahlenberg
Re: AE CS6 wave warp pinning not working?
on Oct 2, 2012 at 4:13:33 am

That's how Wave World has always worked with text layers.

HTH
RoRK

Intensive AE & Mocha Training in Singapore and Malaysia
Adobe ACE/ACI (version 7) & Imagineer Systems Inc Approved Mocha Trainer

Return to posts index

Paul Gale
on Oct 2, 2012 at 7:47:30 am

Hi Roland,

Not quite sure what you mean - I'm using wave warp rather than wave world.

Do you mean the pinning option has never worked?

Paul Gale
Silicon Pixel Ltd

Return to posts index

Cassius Marques
on Oct 2, 2012 at 2:06:11 pm

I'm currently rendering so I can't check if things are working as they should but what I think Roland meant is that the effect will pin to left of your composition...are you applying it to a text layer? It's boundaries will be your composition's.

Return to posts index

Roland R. Kahlenberg
on Oct 3, 2012 at 2:31:21 am

Yup! That's what I meant, Wayne's World! ;-)

Wave Warp it is sir, well it doesn't really pin itself very well cos there will still be some lateral/vertical movement depending on which pinning you've applied. My thoughts are that your expectations are mismatched with the effect. The way Wave Warp works, it's impossible to have a non-animating pinned edge.

HTH
RoRK

Intensive AE & Mocha Training in Singapore and Malaysia
Adobe ACE/ACI (version 7) & Imagineer Systems Inc Approved Mocha Trainer

Return to posts index

Andrew Davies
on Feb 14, 2013 at 7:25:10 pm

I have the same Wave Warp not pinning problem. Did you ever figure out what the problem was?

Return to posts index

Greg Neumayer
on Apr 1, 2014 at 10:03:25 pm

This confused me for a bit as well. Cassius is correct, but let me add some clarity:

I created a "tail" shape out of a trianglular masked solid in a 500x100 comp, and made it it's own composition.
I brought Tail into a new comp, and applied the Wave Warp. Now, if Tail is sitting in the middle of the larger new comp, none of the pinning will seem to have any effect. That's because the effect (apparently) isn't calculated to Tail, it's calculated on the entire comp Tail is sitting in. To understand what I mean, try sliding your Tail comp around in the new, larger comp. You'll notice that the warp effect feels like an overlay over the entire new comp, even though it's actually only applied to the Tail. So, to get my Tail to waggle, but stay put at it's base, I need to put Tail right to the edge of this new comp, then set pin for that edge. Effectively, this new comp is now going to be the pre-comp called "Tail-wags". Then, Tail-wags gets dropped into a new comp and is a sibling layer with "Body".

Antifreeze Design
http://www.antifreezedesign.com

Return to posts index

Gabriel Ferrão
on Sep 24, 2014 at 10:09:02 pm

I was able to achieve a tail-like effect (where the wave gets progressively larger) using wave warp's pinning option, and a mesh warp.
Here's what it looks like

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]