ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Separate machine rendering

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James JohnsonSeparate machine rendering
by on Oct 1, 2012 at 3:06:38 pm

Hi all, I don't know if this post belongs here but, I want to know how I can send a render to another machine (over a network) so I can continue to work on the project while another machine renders out what I have so far. This applies to Premiere as well. Do I need multiple copies of After Effects/Premiere? I saw something about just copying the render engine to a separate machine, how's that work? Thank you for any advice.

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: Separate machine rendering
by on Oct 2, 2012 at 12:25:52 am

You have to install After Effects onto the render node.

Older versions of AE installed the network renderer alongside the normal application and did not require activation. With AE CS5.5, you were required to activate the application due to licensing restrictions for specific codecs. With Ae CS6, you can install the render engine in non-royalty-bearing mode [link], but you will not be able to encode or decode MPEG2 or AC3 based assets, including XDCAM, HDV, and AVCHD.

You will also have to have some kind of shared storage between the machines, or else you will have to copy files back and forth via local storage.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

James JohnsonRe: Separate machine rendering
by on Oct 2, 2012 at 1:35:46 pm

So you're saying I need to install the render node on the separate machine? But I can't render out "MPEG2 or AC3 based assets, including XDCAM, HDV, and AVCHD."? And I have a network to share files on, do I need to copy all project files and source files?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved