ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Mocha will not open

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dave DownesMocha will not open
by on Oct 1, 2012 at 6:15:34 am

Hello, I haven't seen this specific problem on here, yet.

I have a full version of CS5.5 After Effects on my MAC and at one time I could go into the Applications folder choose Adobe After Effects CS5.5 and open Mocha. Now if I try to do this Mocha crashes before it opens.

I also have a full version of Cloud CS6 After Effects on my MAC and I understand you use the "Track in Mocha AE" option under the animation tab. If I choose that option however, I get an incredibly paradoxical error that tells me that I can only open Mocha through After Effects...

I don't know where to go to download the appropriate upgrade for the After Effects version of Mocha since the three versions I have downloaded close after asking for my license, or are only trial versions. Adobe points me to here, so I hope that the solution has already been identified and I'm just too confused to see it here on the forums.

Thanks for your time.

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: Mocha will not open
by on Oct 1, 2012 at 6:59:45 am

For mochaAE/mochPro startup/update/upgrade issues, it's best that you visit their forum - here.

For now, or till you get their usually prompt reply, ensure that you restart your OS after initiating mochaAE via CS5.5's mocha app icon BEFORE starting up CS6's rendition of mochaAE. Or better, yet, with a fresh OS, simply launch mochaAE from AE CS6.

Intensive AE & Mocha Training in Singapore and Malaysia
Adobe ACE/ACI (version 7) & Imagineer Systems Inc Approved Mocha Trainer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved