ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Deformed when rotating

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alex Ward
Deformed when rotating
on Oct 1, 2012 at 5:12:55 am

I am trying to rotate an object around an object in the center like in the intro here at 0:02:

However when i start to rotate it it becomes deformed :(
Please Help!

Return to posts index

Vishesh Arora
Re: Deformed when rotating
on Oct 1, 2012 at 9:27:10 am

Alex

Check your Anchor Point position for object that you want to revolve around the center object.
It should be at the Center of the Center Object. For this you can use Pan Behind Tool(Y) and move the anchor point to the center.

Also if you are using Ellipse tool to to make your object then their are to anchor points for that, one for the content menu and one for the Transform menu.

Vishesh Arora
VFX and Motion Graphics Artist
Films Rajendra

Blog:
http://digieffects.wordpress.com

Demo Reel(3D):

Return to posts index

Darby Edelen
on Oct 2, 2012 at 1:56:36 am

What are your Composition Settings (cmd/ctrl-k)? If your composition is using non-square pixels then things may appear to squish/stretch if you don't have PAR Preview enabled.

Another possibility if you have a complex parent/child hierarchy may be one of your objects (or nulls) is not uniformly scaled. Check the scale properties of your layers.

Darby Edelen

Return to posts index

Alex Ward
on Oct 2, 2012 at 4:57:11 am

Hey thanks for your help. But i'm a noob at after effects :) and i didnt really understand. Would i be able to send you the project file and you could see whats wrong?

Return to posts index

Darby Edelen
on Oct 3, 2012 at 1:09:40 am

Sure, there's a file upload function on the COW. Click the button that looks like a floppy disk above the new message text. After uploading you'll get a link that you can paste into the message body.

Darby Edelen

Return to posts index

Alex Ward
on Oct 3, 2012 at 2:01:26 am

4744_2dintro.aep.zip

I'm trying to rotate the small circle around the large circle in the center but when i start to rotate it around it becomes deformed

Return to posts index

Alex Ward
on Oct 7, 2012 at 7:23:47 pm

Its Ok! I fixed it sorry for wasting your time

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]