ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Particular system not showing up on certain spots.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Patrick Birks
Particular system not showing up on certain spots.
on Sep 28, 2012 at 11:44:10 pm

I'm having a problem viewing part of my particle system. Some of it shows in my view port some of it does not, like it's being alpha out by something or a layer is cutting it off. I'm trying to make a particle streak around subject using obstruction layers, thats the only thing I can think of that is causing this problem, but it worked beautifully in a previous scene.

I've tried adjusting it in z space to see if it's just not in the right spot but that does nothing it just cuts it off no matter where it's at in space, and I've looked for this phantom layer that does not exist that might make my streak disappear. Any Idea's on what might be the problem?

Return to posts index

Roland R. Kahlenberg
Re: Particular system not showing up on certain spots.
on Sep 29, 2012 at 2:17:48 am

Ensure that the obscuration layer is a 3D layer and it is below the Particular layer. You may have to re-set the obscuration layer is the two conditions were not met when you first selected the obscuration layer. Set the value to none and then select the appropriate layer.

If you're still having issues then take a snapshot of your timeline and provide details on the obscuration layer. Post images directly in your next post.

HTH
RoRK

Intensive AE & Mocha Training in Singapore and Malaysia
Adobe ACE/ACI (version 7) & Imagineer Systems Inc Approved Mocha Trainer

Return to posts index

Darby Edelen
Re: Particular system not showing up on certain spots.
on Sep 29, 2012 at 6:18:59 am

Also make sure that your obscuration layer does not have collapse transformations/continuously rasterize enabled.

Screenshots of the problem would be very helpful.

Darby Edelen

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]