ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

disk cache don't work

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dmitry Sokolovdisk cache don't work
by on Sep 28, 2012 at 5:31:40 pm

If disk space less 10 gb after effect not use disk cache and delete old data of cache.
Accordingly, you can not use background rendering. I have ssd 64 gb and not can allow plenty of space.
There is a solution to the problem?
After effects cs6.

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: disk cache don't work
by on Sep 28, 2012 at 7:54:55 pm

[Dmitry Sokolov] "If disk space less 10 gb after effect not use disk cache and delete old data of cache. Accordingly, you can not use background rendering. I have ssd 64 gb and not can allow plenty of space. There is a solution to the problem? After effects cs6."

Yes -- more disk space. The whole point of the cache is to store intermediates and final frames so they don't need to be re-rendered. If there's not enough room to store them, what do you expect the feature to do?

However, if you're looking to render in the background while continuing to work on the GUI in the foreground, you can use the aerender command line renderer, or you can keep an eye on Lloyd Alvarez's BG Renderer script [link] for CS6 compatibility.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Dmitry SokolovRe: disk cache don't work
by on Sep 28, 2012 at 8:35:00 pm

Why do you need an extra 10 gb? If space is 12 gb it used to be only 2 gb.

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: disk cache don't work
by on Sep 28, 2012 at 9:39:28 pm

[Dmitry Sokolov] "Why do you need an extra 10 gb? If space is 12 gb it used to be only 2 gb."

It could be a couple reasons: prevent the cache from competing with virtual memory for extremely limited resources, leave enough room for other temporary files, avoid the low-performance associated with near-full disks...

I see your point that it'd be nice to have more control here, especially for SSD users, but unfortunately there is no way to work around this that I am aware of.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]