ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

raw tracking data -- just need the numbers -- which format is best?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
April Cui
raw tracking data -- just need the numbers -- which format is best?
on Sep 27, 2012 at 5:20:47 pm

Hi,
I have spent a week or so learning about mocha tracking. For research purposes I need the data about xy location of some organic shapes over time.

There are many data formats available, but so far I haven't found anything which tells me what specifically they mean. For example, in the AE corner pin format, position, rotation, scale, and "corner pin" data is given ---

what is position? is the center of the surface calculated and that point becomes "position"?

Do the corner pins refer to the coordinates of the surface? If it does, then I am having some issues with the coordinates being inaccurate (off by 100 or so pixels)

I would appreciate any help! or pointers to other sources of info regarding the exact format of the data

Return to posts index

Roland R. Kahlenberg
Re: raw tracking data -- just need the numbers -- which format is best?
on Sep 28, 2012 at 3:05:56 am

[April Cui] "For example, in the AE corner pin format, position, rotation, scale, and "corner pin" data is given ---"

There are three corner pin export possibilities and one for transform data (anchor point, scale, rotation, position). One of the corner pin export options is for CS3 and earlier version of AE. That leaves you with really two options, one with motion blur support (which adds position, scale and rotation data to the corner pin info) and one without motion blur support (provides only corner pin info).

Position and anchor point data in as far as mochaAE/mochaPro are concerned is the center of the Surface Area. Each of the points of a Surface Area relates exactly to each of the points of a corner pin effect.

If you do not require perspective data, then export from mochaAE/mochaPro, using its export Transform data. Hopefully, you'll be able to solve your issue with these new bits of info.

HTH
RoRK

Intensive AE & Mocha Training in Singapore and Malaysia
Adobe ACE/ACI (version 7) & Imagineer Systems Inc Approved Mocha Trainer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]