ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Illustrator raster files loss of quality in AE

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Enrico RotundoIllustrator raster files loss of quality in AE
by on Sep 27, 2012 at 1:05:39 pm

Hi there, I'm used to Apple Motion but for current project I started using After Effects to handle huge Illustrator layered files.
This is the situation: i have layered a map composed in Illustrator with some vectorial and some raster objects... i followed adobe guideline (how to prepare .ai files for Ae) and able to select different layers in AE, now im working in 3d space just moving the camera....
Raster files are photos bigger than 2000x1000 but in the project are resized to smaller res, the fact is that although they are high res, when i get closer with the camera they incredibly fall off quality ...what can i do? Which FX like frame blending can i use to smooth the movement ?
thanks a lot,

Return to posts index

Joseph W. BourkeRe: Illustrator raster files loss of quality in AE
by on Sep 27, 2012 at 1:33:30 pm

Hi Enrico -

I think the fact that some of the files are raster based could be the problem. When you turn on Continuously Rasterize do they improve? That's the little icon that looks like a sun to the right of the layer name in the comp. I wonder whether the mix of raster and vector images is confusing AE. Also, you may want to put a slight gaussian blur on everything, since maps tend to have lots of detail, and the sharp edges could cause moire problems anyway.

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media

Return to posts index

Enrico RotundoRe: Illustrator raster files loss of quality in AE
by on Sep 27, 2012 at 1:43:59 pm

Hi Jospeh thanks for the reply!
I enabled Continuously Rasterize and everything looks fine but the camera doest move anymore and some objects are overlapped...why?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved