ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Shortcut to disable multiprocessing?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David CabestanyShortcut to disable multiprocessing?
by on Sep 26, 2012 at 3:41:39 pm

Besides Lloyd Alvarez' Throttle and Purge script, which is not yet compatible with CS6, anyone else knows of a shortcut to disable multiprocessing without having to go to the preferences dialog?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Shortcut to disable multiprocessing?
by on Sep 27, 2012 at 3:19:24 pm

I know of no alternative.

It may be annoying not to have the script available, but in this instance consider the time difference between running the script and altering AE Preferences. There can't be very much.

Dave LaRonde
Former Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

David CabestanyRe: Shortcut to disable multiprocessing?
by on Sep 27, 2012 at 6:56:22 pm

I got an email from him this morning, they will work on the CS6 update soon.

The script has its own UI, which is dockable to the AE interface, so I can turn MP off without having to jump to different dialog windows that alone will save me a couple seconds each time, and trust me, I switch back and forth a lot.

Anyway, as soon as it's ready I'll post the news here.

Thanks Dave.

Return to posts index

Paul RoperRe: Shortcut to disable multiprocessing?
by on Jan 9, 2013 at 12:48:41 pm

I came across that on and was disappointed to learn of its non-compatibility with CS6. I use Keyboard Maestro a lot, so made a macro for this (took all of 2 minutes to create) which I've assigned to a function key so I can just toggle multiprocessing on & off with a single keypress. It happens so fast I actually had to put a 0.5 second delay in there to give me enough time to see the check mark appear/disappear from the prefs dialog box.

After Effects is pretty good normally when it comes to keyboard shortcuts - it has almost all my commonly used things "shortcutted". But other apps such as Final Cut are not so shortcut-friendly so I have quite a few Keyboard Maestro macros to speed those up. Not that that's relevant in an AE forum!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved