ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

best vfx music video this year ... any idea how they made it?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul Baker
best vfx music video this year ... any idea how they made it?
on Sep 24, 2012 at 6:10:39 am

Anyone have any idea on what plugins, or other programs than AE were used to create the visuals in this music video?

Bassnectar - Vava Voom
Directed & Produced by Joey Garfield/Ghost Robot

It's some of the best vfx work I've seen this year so far... thought the Creative Cow would be the best place to ask since I couldn't dig anything up... thanks guys!

Paul

Return to posts index

Benjamin Ausmith
Re: best vfx music video this year ... any idea how they made it?
on Sep 24, 2012 at 4:45:14 pm

Going to have to completely disagree that this is 'good VFX.' It's completely chaotic-- an overwhelming mash of tons of effects that don't evoke any single emotion from me. Am I supposed to be intrigued? energized? excited? I don't know because it looks like they went through every effect they had and just threw them on.

That being said, looks like a lot of this was used with the Video Copilot Glitch plugin.

I think Bassnectar is awesome, but this video was just a confusing jumble. Had they focused their efforts more I think I would have liked it a lot better.

Return to posts index

Paul Baker
Re: best vfx music video this year ... any idea how they made it?
on Sep 24, 2012 at 6:11:53 pm

Yea I definitely agree with the Glitch plugin... I was even thinking Trapcode stuff for some of the swirly particle looking things.. any other ideas?

Also, I'm sorry you don't feel the same about it being 'good vfx'. Luckily we all can have different tastes in art or else things would get really monotonous around here...

I probably could've worded the title differently, except "best vfx" makes for a good 'eye grabber' so people actually read the post in the forum. hah..

Anyways, thanks for the feedback btw...

And of course, anymore ideas on post prod of this video would be great!

Paul

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]