ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

AE Bug-Type stuck in one color

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David CabestanyAE Bug-Type stuck in one color
by on Sep 21, 2012 at 3:35:48 pm

I have several type layers across my project that whenever I try to change its color I can't, as soon as I click ok to leave the color picker the layer goes back to the previous color it had.

This is an issue I had reported to Adobe back in CS5, but it's showing again in CS6.

This are freshly created type layers, they have no effects, presets or anything applied to them.
I recently discovered that the only way I can change the color of the layer is by using the eyedropper, so the issue occurs when I input the color values manually in the RGB fields inside the color picker or use the eyedropper inside the color picker.

I made a small screen cast of the issue, please see attached.

AE CS6 type color bug

Anybody else experiencing this?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: AE Bug-Type stuck in one color
by on Sep 21, 2012 at 4:06:39 pm

I don't see any time when you highlight the text whose color you want to change by double-clicking on the text layer, clicking on the Fill chip in the Text Panel, and changing the color.

Dave LaRonde
Former Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

David CabestanyRe: AE Bug-Type stuck in one color
by on Sep 21, 2012 at 6:37:43 pm

Hey Dave, thanks for taking the time to look at this.

That's because I want to change the color of the entire text, not just some letters, but even if I highlight the letters in the way you mention, I experience the same issue, the text immediately goes back to its former color, I can make a quick screen cast of that behavior if you want to see it.

Return to posts index

David CabestanyRe: AE Bug-Type stuck in one color
by on Oct 29, 2012 at 3:59:42 pm

I made a 2nd screencast, this time highlighting the text instead of selecting the entire layer, the problem persists.

AE font/type color bug

Would you please watch this video and tell me if you ever ran into this issue? It has me very puzzled.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]