ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

pixel ratio query

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
chris brett
pixel ratio query
on Sep 21, 2012 at 2:25:23 pm

Hi there

Bit puzzled witH some pixel ratio issues and any tips on this would be much appreciated.

1 ) In AE if the end job is PAL wide-screen what are the correct settings please? -- is it 1024 x 576 / pixel width 1.46 ?

2 ) If a project has been built in 'square pixels and it should be 1.46 whats the quickest way to sort this do you reckon please? ....

..... I imagine one adjusts the comp settings then rebuilds bg plate to fit followed by slight re-arrangement of various visual elements to suit as best -- loads of work though .....

3 ) just installed new wide-screen monitor and projects that 'look right' still are not quite correct till comp settings are changed to PAL 1.09 !!!!

At the minute I just dont get it -- they all looked fine before ....

..... maybe theres some kind of software setting on the new monitor ?

Its connected to the PC via a USB lead ( as well as the DVI lead ) and theres a software disc to load which am planning to do later on today...

.......... coffee break required I think ...........

Chris Brett // UK

Return to posts index

Kevin Camp
Re: pixel ratio query
on Sep 21, 2012 at 3:09:11 pm

Hi Chris, I'm not in front of ae today, but I think 1024x576 is pal widescreen square pixel... I think pal widescreen 1.46 par would be 720x576. Double check in the comp presets for pal.

To convert one par to another, if you should just need to drop the square pixel comp into a nonsquare pixel comp. ae should handle the conversion. It's actually a fairly common way to work in ae.

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer
KCPQ, KMYQ & KRCW

Return to posts index

chris brett
on Sep 21, 2012 at 3:40:26 pm

Hi Kevin

--- much appreciated --- yes --- I'm sure you are right without even checking -- seems pretty obvious now you say it -- 1.46 is PAL anamorphic right ?

-- all the best -------- Chris Brett

========================================

Return to posts index

Kevin Camp
on Sep 21, 2012 at 4:00:46 pm

Yes, 1.46 would be anamorphic.

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer
KCPQ, KMYQ & KRCW

Return to posts index

Jon Bagge
on Sep 22, 2012 at 7:28:35 pm

PAL square pixel is 1050x576. This got changed from 1024 a few years ago. All the Adobe presets uses 1050. If you've done it 1024 already it shouldn't matter too much.

--------------
http://www.jonbagge.net
Jon Bagge - Editor - London, UK
Avid - FCP - After Effects

Return to posts index

chris brett
on Sep 22, 2012 at 9:35:11 pm

thank-you very much Jon -- I'll keep it quiet ! -----chris --

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved