ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Importing Comp vs. Layers from Comp Creates Differing Outcome?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Max JacksonImporting Comp vs. Layers from Comp Creates Differing Outcome?
by on Sep 19, 2012 at 9:59:23 pm

Hi CC,

I'm working w/ a file that I found online where it's an upper case letter 'A' that has flames coming from it compliments of Trapcode Form.

What is really odd is that when I copy/paste the imported pre-comp of the project it looks like a carbon copy. However, when I take the layers from that pre-comp and paste them in, the results are completely different. One light and smooth, the other thick and washboard.

??

What seems to be different is that actual values in Form as the particle count looks completely different in texture.

I've attached photos describing what I mean. I checked all the blending modes etc. and from what I can tell is that the pre-comp versus the exact same layers from the comp when posted create differing results.

Why is that? Anybody run into this kind of situation? I can't find why it would matter.

Return to posts index

Max JacksonRe: Importing Comp vs. Layers from Comp Creates Differing Outcome?
by on Sep 19, 2012 at 10:20:30 pm

Aha! I figured out the answer and thought I'd post it.

The reason why the imported comp versus the imported layers is different is because Form settings adhere to the actual size of the composition in which that it is contained.

The pre-comp that I imported was a smaller scale in size than the composition I was importing the raw layers into. Had I pre-composed those layers and changed the composition height and width to match the results would be identical.

So when using Trapcode Form, composition size matters!

Anyway, thanks for reading!

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: Importing Comp vs. Layers from Comp Creates Differing Outcome?
by on Sep 20, 2012 at 3:22:18 am

See my reply to this thread - http://forums.creativecow.net/thread/2/1024697#1024701

Cheers
RoRK

Intensive AE & Mocha Training in Singapore and Malaysia
Adobe ACE/ACI (version 7) & Imagineer Systems Inc Approved Mocha Trainer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]