ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Use 3d camera tracker for motion tracking bullet impacts?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stephen PickeringUse 3d camera tracker for motion tracking bullet impacts?
by on Sep 19, 2012 at 9:56:07 pm

Not sure how to explain this, but here goes. I'm working on a short film with lots of gun fire. One scene take place as the characters run up a dirt hill. I have dirt explosions from video copilot which work great as the bullet impacts. Before CS6 I simply tracked motion for each of the bullet impacts, then parented the impact to a null containing the motion tracking.

This is fine, but is there a way to "batch" or "auto" motion track a short clip?. The 3D Camera Tracker "looks" like it does this, but is there a way to add 2d layers to the 3d points?

Thanks for any thoughts,

Stephen

Return to posts index

Stephen PickeringRe: Use 3d camera tracker for motion tracking bullet impacts?
by on Sep 19, 2012 at 10:14:58 pm

I think I found the answer here: http://blog.vincentlaforet.com/2012/06/25/tutorial-after-effects-cs6-3d-cam... Not exactly what I'm trying to do, but gives a good overview of layers instead of just 3d text.

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: Use 3d camera tracker for motion tracking bullet impacts?
by on Sep 20, 2012 at 12:54:11 am

See this very recent COW thread on linking a 2D layer/point to a 3D layer's position.

For your specific case, you can leave the dirt explosions as 2D although I think it'll look better if it was made into a 3D layer and then switching on its auto-orient to camera setting.

HTH
RoRK

Intensive AE & Mocha Training in Singapore and Malaysia
Adobe ACE/ACI (version 7) & Imagineer Systems Inc Approved Mocha Trainer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]