ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Paths From illustrator

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nathan RogersPaths From illustrator
by on Sep 19, 2012 at 4:03:48 pm

Okay, My animator has animated some very nice stuff in illustrator for me as an .AI sequence, I am trying to transition these animations on and off by making them draw on. I've tried several things with no avail.

1. I've tried Autotrace and then adding the stroke effect, I end up with some weird flickering stuff presumably because of how autotrace works.

2. I've tried copying the paths from Illustrator, but this is very time consuming and everything pastes in the middle so I'm having to adjust every frame of this, I would assume this would work, but am assuming there has to be an easier way to do this.

3. I've also tried to convert the .AI layers into shape layers, this also didn't work.

Anyone have any ideas of a way to get this done?

Nathan Rogers
Producer
Snitly Carr Advertising

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: Paths From illustrator
by on Sep 20, 2012 at 3:19:07 am

[Nathan Rogers] "3. I've also tried to convert the .AI layers into shape layers, this also didn't work."

Can you explain/describe the issue you're having with this method?

Cheers
RoRK

Intensive AE & Mocha Training in Singapore and Malaysia
Adobe ACE/ACI (version 7) & Imagineer Systems Inc Approved Mocha Trainer

Return to posts index

Nathan RogersRe: Paths From illustrator
by on Sep 20, 2012 at 4:09:38 pm

I honestly don't remember what the issue was, I had thought that would be my solution, but was not happy with the result. I have went ahead and created masks over everything to add a stroke to and accomplished my goal. But would still like to know if there is something out there to extract path data from a series of AI files.

Nathan Rogers
Producer
Snitly Carr Advertising

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: Paths From illustrator
by on Sep 20, 2012 at 4:20:11 pm

FWIW, once you've converted an AI file into a shape layer, you can use the Trim Path Operator to stroke on the path. Trim Path works in a similar way with the Stroke effect.

Cheers
RoRK

Intensive AE & Mocha Training in Singapore and Malaysia
Adobe ACE/ACI (version 7) & Imagineer Systems Inc Approved Mocha Trainer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]