ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Animated 3D Butterfly in After Effcts CS6

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
nader subaihAnimated 3D Butterfly in After Effcts CS6
by on Sep 19, 2012 at 5:50:36 am

Hi everyone.
I need to add a butterfly flying (flapping wings) in a scene in AE CS6. I researched Element 3D from VCP but it seems (I could be wrong) the plug in only support limited animation.
what options do I have?

Thanks

Nader

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Animated 3D Butterfly in After Effcts CS6
by on Sep 19, 2012 at 12:05:05 pm

Here's a Tutorial creates a pretty nice butterfly animation. Check it out and if you need more help, feel free to ask.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

nader subaihRe: Animated 3D Butterfly in After Effcts CS6
by on Sep 19, 2012 at 2:06:20 pm

That is great John. I will be creating it in my scene. However, If I want to create a better version with a 3D animated butterfly in the future, what are my options?

Thanks

Nader

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Animated 3D Butterfly in After Effcts CS6
by on Sep 19, 2012 at 3:52:38 pm

If available, it probably would be easier in a 3d application like cinema 4d, but it's probably doable in AE. I would use the same techniques, but use shape layers in CS6 and turn them into 3D layers. If you did that you could even extrude the body some(I don't think you will get a better result if you go this route).

If you had Mettle.com Shapeshifter or Freeform you might even get a better round body shape as you could control the displacement a little easier that way you could taper the front and back a little.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]