ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Frame blending 3 photos for slow motion - After Effects automatically renders the frames but it's jerky - any way to control track points?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sanna Dullaway
Frame blending 3 photos for slow motion - After Effects automatically renders the frames but it's jerky - any way to control track points?
on Sep 18, 2012 at 10:20:37 pm

Like the title says. It's 3 photos showing a man turning his face sideways. I followed this tutorial (skip ahead to 4 minutes) :

and it turned out bad, the animation is not smooth at all. :( I feel like after effects must have automatically assigned its own track points to the blending, so any way to get to them and edit it myself? Or add additional points that overrides AF's render?

I do have Twixtor Pro but they only allow you to have max 12 track points it seems. A face needs WAY more track points than that!

Any help appreciated!

/Sanna

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Re: Frame blending 3 photos for slow motion - After Effects automatically renders the frames but it's jerky - any way to control track points?
on Sep 25, 2012 at 8:48:26 am

In time remapping you have no track points- AE uses the whole image to figure out how to interpolate. It matters a lot what images you are working from- if the positions of the head are radically different ( 3 images for a 90 degree turn for example), you will not be able to get a smooth turn because you lack a lot of information. You may want to try morphing the head from one position to the next - it will not look quite like a turn but it will be a smoother animation.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]