ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

AE-> Media Encoder render = glitches

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nevin StyreAE-> Media Encoder render = glitches
by on Sep 18, 2012 at 5:53:24 pm

I am trying to do a batch render today of a bunch of similar sequences through Media Encoder CS6, but one of my layers is being rendered improperly by Media Encoder. Basically ME is shifting the layer ~10% to the left and then the section on the left that is being cut off is now rendered on the right. Really weird, especially since the actual layer is larger than the canvas and if it was really shifted to the left the right side would not look like this. Rendering straight from after effects is proper, though I would rather not do it this way as CS6 has a bug where often if you switch away from the AE window when rendering it will stop rendering and act as though it has completed the task when it is not finished(bug after bug).

I've attached an image of what ME is giving me, AE output is on the right, glitched ME output on the left. It is the lower third layer below the player's name that is the problem.

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: AE-> Media Encoder render = glitches
by on Sep 18, 2012 at 5:56:05 pm

Can you precompose that particular layer? If so, try and do a test to see if the same things happens.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Nevin StyreRe: AE-> Media Encoder render = glitches
by on Sep 18, 2012 at 6:03:39 pm

Even if it worked I would have to go back and modify a large number of sequences. I'm probably better off doing the rendering through AE at the end of the day & just leave my machine going after work.

This isn't the first time I've seen ME mess up an output compared to what it should be rendered as, it seems to have a mind of its own sometimes.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved