ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Render glitch in AE and FCP

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Keith Goldstein
Render glitch in AE and FCP
on Sep 17, 2012 at 10:27:31 pm

Every so often I will get glitched frames in FCP 7 and AE. The glitch happens when a clip is rendered. Most often, a diagonal line appears in a frame. Sometimes there are other issues, such as artifacting. The glitches never appear for more than one frame, and it is rare or more than one glitch in a single clip. The way we have been fixing the problem is to cut the clip around the glitch and re-render the affected area.

We haven't been able to pinpoint the cause. It doesn't have to do with a certain filter being used. We primarily use BCC, FxFactory, and CoreMelt plugins, and haven't seen any correlation between any one filter being used and glitches appearing. We tried the usual fixes, and just recently reformatted the computer and reinstalled from scratch. It seemed to work better for a couple weeks, but the glitch came back.

Here are two examples. I used an artist sketch filter on the video. The first glitch is a diagonal line, the second is distortion of the video/filter. The clean frame came between the two glitches.
glitch1.png
glitch2.png
cleanframe.png

Specs: MBP with 2.66 GHz Core i7, 8GB DDR3 ram, GeForce GT 330M 512MB, currently running Lion 10.7.4

If I've left out any information, please ask. I'm just typing as I think.

Return to posts index

Roland R. Kahlenberg
Re: Render glitch in AE and FCP
on Sep 18, 2012 at 4:27:36 am

Most render issues are memory related if they're not due to faulty plugin. Are all your machines of the same configuration and do they all exhibit the same issues? What are your system configs and RAM and MP in AE? Also, try purging RAM before initiating a render.

Cheers
RoRK

Intensive AE & Mocha Training in Singapore and Malaysia
Adobe ACE/ACI (version 7) & Imagineer Systems Inc Approved Mocha Trainer

Return to posts index

Keith Goldstein
on Sep 19, 2012 at 5:23:07 pm

We use two Macbook Pros, one is older than the other, but we rarely use the older one for rendering. 6 of 8 GB or RAM reserved for AE, MP not selected.

Return to posts index

Roland R. Kahlenberg
on Sep 20, 2012 at 1:41:09 am

Looks like there aren't many options to mess about with. I suggest that you either break the rendering down to smaller pars of the timeline to see if the problem persists. This will help to ascertain at least to an extent that these glitches are due to memory issues. You should also restart AAE before a render - just to ensure that the render engine begins with a clean slate before each render.

Lastly, you may want to check your RAM (hardware) to see if they're faulty. I'm not familiar with such apps for the Mac but there is a possibility that you have a hardware RAM issue.

Good Luck
RoRK

Intensive AE & Mocha Training in Singapore and Malaysia
Adobe ACE/ACI (version 7) & Imagineer Systems Inc Approved Mocha Trainer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]