ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Object Removal from opening hands in After Effects

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason TierneyObject Removal from opening hands in After Effects
by on Sep 17, 2012 at 5:53:32 pm

I am trying to remove a piece of tape from an opening hand (can't show the clip unfortunately, but imagine you caught a firefly and you're opening it slowly to show it). Now it seems very clear that there are lots of ways out there to do this, but nothing is working quite right, especially since the lighting and shape changes drastically as the hand opens up. I tried to go frame by frame in photoshop and import it but the glow effect placed on after catches the movement of the layer a lot and I can't get it work in the slightest. I can copy over a few stills and animate them along with the hands at certain points, but it still becomes very obvious when I try and blend them together.

I also tried the clone stamp tool in AE, but when you do that, you get a whole new sub-layer for every use of it, and to get it looking right thats .. 50 layers, which I can't seem to condense into one piece to animate it along with the motion of the hand. Is there any way to make the clone stamp actually useful here? It would be nice not to have to go between applications and all the expected issues there.

So basis of the question.. how would you go about doing this?

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: Object Removal from opening hands in After Effects
by on Sep 20, 2012 at 11:58:14 pm

Roto each finger separately if the fingers are open. Roto the fingers as a single unit if they are closed. BTW, I am assuming, yet asking, if the tape acts as a tracking marker?

Intensive AE & Mocha Training in Singapore and Malaysia
Adobe ACE/ACI (version 7) & Imagineer Systems Inc Approved Mocha Trainer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved