ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Problem opening psd file containing video and a filter in After Effects

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stephen MarkProblem opening psd file containing video and a filter in After Effects
by on Sep 16, 2012 at 8:56:41 pm

I'm cross posting this in both the Photoshop and After Effects forums. Hope no one minds.

I am editing some Sony EXCAM footage and decided to apply a Photoshop CS 6 filter to a potential background plate for a green screen shot. The EXCAM footage (HD, 1920x1080, 24p) plays fine in Quicktime player and plays inside Photoshop as well once imported. But after applying the filter -- which also plays properly in Photoshop -- and saving the composition as a psd file, I then try to open the psd file in After Effects, I get an error message that says "Quicktime is not installed or is too old of a version (39::0)." I have considered rendering the Photoshop comp as video, but I notice that unless I want an image sequence (which I don't) my export options are limited to a couple of animation flavors or jpeg 2000. I see no place in the Photoshop render dialogue box to access Quicktime settings and choose another codec. (An Apple Pro Res proxy might work just fine, for example.) So I'm making this a Photoshop question because I think there's something about Photoshop that is making the file unrecognizable to After Effects. After Effects does import a single frame of the image with the filter applied. (Yes, I am converting the video to a smart object before applying the filter.) Any thoughts?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved