ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Cannot add Layer Markers in with laptop

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
keith vickers
Cannot add Layer Markers in with laptop
on Sep 16, 2012 at 1:59:46 pm

Hi all,
I am trying to animate text to a audio track. I am finding out that there is no way to add layer markers 'on the fly' unless I have a keyboard with a Numeric Keypad.
There is no way I can do this anywhere near as quickly or accurately by using Layer>Add marker.
For such an important workflow to be left out of After Effects for one version after the other just sucks..really unbelievable people have been asking about this for years, I've discovered by searching the web for a clue.
Is there a workaround(there must be) or something so that I can change the keyboard short cuts. I need this functionality. It would shred literally hours off my project time-on most projects.

Peace

PS I know I can add comp markers they cant be labeled AE only allows 10 a composition.

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Re: Cannot add Layer Markers in with laptop
on Sep 16, 2012 at 2:15:56 pm

One quick fix would be to buy a usb Num Keypad that adds that functionality to your laptop- it's a few bucks only.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

keith vickers
on Sep 16, 2012 at 4:08:38 pm

I was thinking of that Tudor Ted. I think I will have to invest tomorrow. Thanks man.

Return to posts index

Vishesh Arora
on Sep 16, 2012 at 3:27:32 pm

Mr. Vickers

Try out this tutorial by Ahron Rabinowitz on how to change shortcuts for Laptops.

Vishesh Arora
VFX and Motion Graphics Artist

Blog:
http://digieffects.wordpress.com

Demo Reel(3D):

Return to posts index

keith vickers
on Sep 16, 2012 at 4:21:36 pm

Nice Modelling and thanks for the tut.

I am not sure though how to navigate to documents and settings in Windows 7. I open explorer open my C drive and then cannot find Documents and settings. I am stuck there. I have even tried searching for Documents and Settings no luck.

Edit I found it: Had to disable Hide Folders from the control Panel Thanks Man!

Return to posts index

Roland R. Kahlenberg
on Sep 18, 2012 at 4:24:57 am

You can use CTRL+ a number from the main keyboard to access AE shortcuts that are normally accessed via the numeric keyboard. I believe this functionality came about in CS5.5 and I believe, is applicable only for Macs.

HTH
RoRK

Intensive AE & Mocha Training in Singapore and Malaysia
Adobe ACE/ACI (version 7) & Imagineer Systems Inc Approved Mocha Trainer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]