ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

CC Corner Pin and CS6

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike MoonCC Corner Pin and CS6
by on Sep 14, 2012 at 8:15:45 pm

So a colleague of mine showed me a problem he was having with CC Corner Pin and how the layer would disappear when he applied the effect. This was an older project where the effect worked perfectly before in an older version of After Effects (CS 5.5) Eventually I told him to turn on Raytrace 3D being that that was the newest thing in CS6. And voila, it worked. However, it's a huge render hog for something so simple. Can anyone tell me the reasoning behind this? The normal Corner Pin effects works normally in the Standard mode.

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: CC Corner Pin and CS6
by on Sep 15, 2012 at 3:24:22 am

First off, there is CC Power Pin but no CC Corner Pin. Secondly, CC Power Pin works fine here. Perhaps there is something else more sinister at work.

Double and triple check and let us know if you're still having issues.

Cheers
RoRK

Intensive AE & Mocha Training in Singapore and Malaysia
Adobe ACE/ACI (version 7) & Imagineer Systems Inc Approved Mocha Trainer

Return to posts index

Mike MoonRe: CC Corner Pin and CS6
by on Sep 17, 2012 at 4:52:32 pm

Yes that's what I meant. CC Power Pin. Okay I left out some details from my original post. The effect works but only when 3D is turned off. In the previous version of After Effects, the effect worked with the 3D turned on or off. If you try to do this on a 3D layer now, the image disappears. It's still like that. The only way it seemed that you can do this with the 3D layer turned on, is if you turn on raytracing but that seems like overkill for what needs to be done.

Return to posts index

by on Sep 17, 2012 at 4:56:31 pm

Also by turning on raytracing, you are able to see it but the image is clipped off.

Return to posts index

by on Sep 17, 2012 at 5:14:46 pm

Good catch Mike! I just re-created the problem on my end. Ideally, you should file a bug report here - https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

I suggest that you send an AEP together with the report.

Cheers
RoRK

Return to posts index

by on Sep 17, 2012 at 5:28:52 pm

Mike, if you have an instance of Corner Pin (the standard/normal) applied after CC Power Pin, you will be able to use CC Power Pin as per normal. Ensure that you leave the values for Corner Pin at their default.

FWIW, even an instance of Write-on sorta 'wakes up' CC Power Pin. So, you've got a solution for now BUT please do send in your bug report.

Cheers
RoRK

Return to posts index

by on Sep 17, 2012 at 10:21:11 pm

Yeah that worked! But I agree, it seems like a temp fix to a bug. I submitted it. Thanks for your feedback.

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: CC Corner Pin and CS6
by on Sep 27, 2012 at 3:51:40 am

Thanks for the bug report. We've worked with Cycore to isolate the issue. I expect to be able to point to a fix soon. Stay tuned to the After Effects team blog for an update within the next few weeks.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: CC Corner Pin and CS6
by on Oct 4, 2013 at 12:46:44 am

Adobe After Effects CS6 (11.0.3) has been released. This update fixes many crashes and other bugs, including this issue with the CC Power Pin effect.

Details: http://adobe.ly/AE_CS6_1103

Also, this fix is in After Effects CC (12.0).

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog

Return to posts index

Dan KobloshRe: CC Corner Pin and CS6
by on Dec 17, 2015 at 4:59:07 pm

In CS6 I did a successful corner pin on one shot with the shot at normal speed/duration.

On the next shot I changed duration to 75% to lengthen it a bit and slow it down. Corner Pin would not work. It indicated where the moves would take place, but simply would not change the shape and do the effect.

Finally I realized if I rendered the the lengthened file first to a new file, then imported that file and put it on the line, then applied the Corner Pin effects, the Pin would work.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]