ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

After effects settings

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eric HebertAfter effects settings
by on Sep 12, 2012 at 11:48:45 pm

Hi,
It's the first time I use After effects and I would like to know what's the best render settings output from .MOV movies if I want to use these movies later in Sony Vegas on a Blu-Ray disc.
Thanks for your help !

Return to posts index

Vishesh AroraRe: After effects settings
by on Sep 13, 2012 at 6:43:53 am

Mr. Herbert
In the case of Blu-ray, you could be working with a 1280x720 or 1920x1080 frame size.
For this composition and high quality render,

Render settings = Best

Format = .Mov

Format Option> Video Codec = PNG

Vishesh Arora
VFX and Motion Graphics Artist

Blog:
http://digieffects.wordpress.com

Demo Reel(3D):

Return to posts index

Eric HebertRe: After effects settings
by on Sep 13, 2012 at 10:19:22 am

Thank you !!!
But where I can find .mov ?
I cannot see this type of file in the list.
Eric

Return to posts index

Vishesh AroraRe: After effects settings
by on Sep 13, 2012 at 10:25:01 am

Sorry for that mistake Mr. jackson

.MOV means "Quick Time Movie".

Vishesh Arora
VFX and Motion Graphics Artist

Blog:
http://digieffects.wordpress.com

Demo Reel(3D):

Return to posts index

by on Sep 13, 2012 at 10:37:08 am

I already tried but the file size is huge. Normal ?

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: After effects settings
by on Sep 13, 2012 at 10:54:56 am

Yes, that would be normal, especially if you use PNG or Animation as a codec.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

by on Sep 13, 2012 at 12:35:42 pm

That's what I taught...Thanks !
What I am really trying to do is :
-Import videos files from my Canon 550d;
-Stabilize the media using After effect (one at a time) ;
-Use an output to conserve the quality;
-Afer that, make a movie in Sony Vegas Pro 11 using around 100 files (around 8min. of movie);
-Burn my project on a Blu-Ray disc (25GB).
Is it the best way to do it ?

Return to posts index

by on Sep 13, 2012 at 6:54:09 pm

My suggestion would be to cut the footage first (convert the files to a low resolution compressed codec for fast editing). Then use the cut to determine the exact files you need to run through AE. Render the low resolution cut out of Vegas, rebuild the cut in AE using the original footage. Then stabilize each shot and render out a uncompressed version from AE. You can then compress this render using Encoder or a similar software to a format that is good for BlueRay (MPEG2 or H264...)

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

by on Sep 13, 2012 at 6:44:09 am

That is a very generic question- a bit more details would help. I am guessing that you have some motion graphics or vfx shots done in AE and you want them in your cut in Sony Vegas. For best quality in a .mov container you can use the uncompressed Animation codec or PNG. Depending on your system you may want to render a compressed H264 codec to use for the working cut and then replace this with the higher quality Animation .mov.
One tip- when you render, you can set up in the Render Queue both outputs at once (the Animation and H264) by clicking on the "+" to the right of the Output module (next to "Output to")and selecting the desired settings. This way AE renders all your versions faster, all at once.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Juan ManuelRe: After effects settings
by on Sep 13, 2012 at 7:37:28 pm

I haven't used Vegas in a long time. Vegas can export the timeline as an aaf, which After Effects *should* be able to import. I'd assume the procedure will go with some trouble and, of course, nearly nothing besides cuts and fades you do in Vegas will be imported into After Effects. But, if it works as it should, you won't need to render the portions to stabilize from Vegas nor to import the original, uncut, files into After Effects.

Once you stabilize in After Effects, render each as described and re-import them in Vegas, replacing the original clips. That way, you don't need to render stuff you won't be using and you'll keep your cuts in AE.

Or, if you're comfortable with Adobe Premiere, you can edit there. The Warp Stabilizer of After Effects it's also available in Premiere CS6, so you can cut and stabilize in the same aplication

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]