ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Pinning tracked image elements to corners of comp

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Peter AmiesPinning tracked image elements to corners of comp
by on Sep 12, 2012 at 2:42:07 pm

Hoping to get some help with some tracking / stabilization work.

I've got a sequence of 35mm film scans (at 6K) which were originally recorded to film with reference marks in the four corners of the frame. These marks were intended for stabilization of the footage if it were ever rescanned, and as a reference to the resolution and geometry of the original source content (i.e. I know the width and height in pixels between each of the reference marks in the original frames).

What I'm trying to do in AE (CS6) is track the four reference marks through the length of the sequence, then pin those tracked marks to the corners of a composition whose resolution matches that of the original content. This should stabilize the scans and correct the geometry (scale, rotation, warp) all in one pass.

Is this something that's possible in AE (tracking points and pinning them within a comp)? Cause for the life of me I can't figure out how to do it.

(PS - Todd Kopriva, this is the issue I discussed with you on the stand at IBC on Monday. Would love your input. Thanks in advance!)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved