ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

RAM Preview renders wrong resolution / video size

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ines BorrasRAM Preview renders wrong resolution / video size
by on Sep 11, 2012 at 9:06:02 pm

Hi,

I have an HD Composition and set the RAM Preview Settings to "Half resolution". But when i render
the RAM Preview it renders a smaller video Size (512x288 px.)

appart from that, i dont get any audio, even if it "on" in my RAM Preview Settings,

could anyone help me on this?

thank you in advance!

Inés

Return to posts index

Hemma KranskyRe: RAM Preview renders wrong resolution / video size
by on Sep 11, 2012 at 11:33:06 pm

Hi Inés,

Half resolution is going to give you a video size of half the project settings you have set it to, that's what the resolution is. What are you hoping to achieve by setting it to 'half' resolution? What are your project settings? Also, when you say 'render' the RAM preview do you mean 'adding it to render que' for export and played back in quicktime (or equivalent) or just to view within your project in real time with audio? This will help me understand your audio problem too.

Thanks,

Hemma

Brisbane Videography :: Corporate Video Productions :: Wedding Videos

Return to posts index

Ines BorrasRe: RAM Preview renders wrong resolution / video size
by on Sep 12, 2012 at 10:06:57 am

Hi Hemma,

thank you for your answer!

i have a Full HD Projekt (1920x1080px), and i wanted to get a fast preview of my work, so
i wanted to render a RAM Preview in Half Resolution. When you choose this option (save RAM Preview), Afx does the RAM Preview first and then adds it automatically to the render queue. But i only get a 512x288 rendered preview also with no audio,

thanks for your help!

Inés

Return to posts index

Cassius MarquesRe: RAM Preview renders wrong resolution / video size
by on Sep 12, 2012 at 2:07:16 pm

I've never used this option... I allways add to render queue and set the output to half... at render settings.

maybe you're getting this size because you don't have enough ram to preview Half of your whole project... so AE may be resizing it to fit.

Return to posts index

Hemma KearneyRe: RAM Preview renders wrong resolution / video size
by on Sep 13, 2012 at 10:12:51 pm

Hi Inés,

Just to see a quick preview with audio, this is how I would do it:

Change the resolution to half in the 'preview' options (see "1." in picture below) and then I would also change it to half in the option below your working canvas (see 2nd picture). I'm not sure if this step makes any difference but I do it anyway..

I then always tick "from current time" (in picture 1) so that I am only previewing the parts that I want to see. Then I hit the funny looking "play" button ("2." in the 1st picture). Once it has renered enough of your project for viewing you can hit the play button again to start watching in real time.. with sound!

In my understanding, After Effects isn't so savvy with sound. It's very temperamental with it. I'd say have a search for your specific sound problems if it's still not working. And double, triple check your settings in the 'preview' window and the actual track, that it's not muted or something.

When you are finished with your project and you want to add it to the render queue make sure you change all your render settings back to 'full'. There's a box in the video settings in the render queue which you must tick "sound" and select your sounds settings next to it. Often people don't see that small box but maybe you already know what I'm talking about and it's a different problem.

Well, good luck!

Hemma

Brisbane Videography :: Corporate Video Productions :: Wedding Videos

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]