ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Can't see layer rotation/position in real time

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Carlos Cervantes
Can't see layer rotation/position in real time
on Sep 11, 2012 at 2:09:08 am

Hi, Ill try to do my best to explain what my problem is.

I animate characters in after effects so most of the time i'm moving the position or rotating layers I import from Photoshop or Illustrator, mostly arms and legs. I separate characters in layers like forearm, upperarm and hands according to my needs.

I tend to work with the same project in different computers, most of them are iMacs.

I have to say that i'm not having this problem in every computer but only in a few of them.

When I rotate/move a leg for example I see in real time how the shape/layer is rotating, and that is very useful for animating because I can check the exact pose. But in some other computers when I am rotating/moving let's say the same leg I only see the bounding box rotating and only when I finish the rotation or moving the layer it's when I see the layer again.

I wonder where I can change this and hope you could understand what my problem is.

Thanks in advance
(Sorry for my english, not native)
Carlos

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Can't see layer rotation/position in real time
on Sep 11, 2012 at 2:30:52 am

Some of the machines on which you work don't have Live Update selected. Depending on the version of AE, the Live Update toggle switch is in different locations.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Carlos Cervantes
Re: Can't see layer rotation/position in real time
on Sep 11, 2012 at 2:42:33 am

Thank you Thank you Thank you
I found it!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved