ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

After Effects: Changing Masks into New Masks

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rachael GundersonAfter Effects: Changing Masks into New Masks
by on Sep 10, 2012 at 5:26:58 am

Hello!

I'm hoping to find someone who might be able to help me with an idea I'd like to create. I use CS5.5 suite in Adobe. I have created a picture of paths in Illustrator and imported into After Effects as masks (in which I am applying Trapcode 3D Stroke to) in a single layer.

My hope is to take that layer of masks and make it smoothly transform into another picture of paths/masks.

Is it possible to make that smooth transition? I've monkeying around for the last 1.5 hours, but hoping someone else might know how to do what I'm thinking. Thank you for your help and time!!

Rachael g.

Return to posts index

Avrohom KohnRe: After Effects: Changing Masks into New Masks
by on Sep 10, 2012 at 7:37:04 pm

Try and keep the number of masks the same then do simple mask animation… won't that work? You can actually copy and paste the "mask path" parameters from the second mask and have it animate to that shape. For extra masks, just animate it so it becomes so small it gets lost.

Avrohom

Return to posts index

Rachael GundersonRe: After Effects: Changing Masks into New Masks
by on Sep 10, 2012 at 8:35:37 pm

Hi!

Thank you for responding. For this idea, I am working with a couple hundred masks (paths) to make each picture. I was hoping to transform 1 picture into another. When I tried pasting the 2nd picture into the Mask Paths, it just added in more paths and then looked really jumbled up.

PLEASE let me know if you have any other thoughts on this. Thanks!

Rachael g.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]