ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

AE CS6 autosaves, even when unchecked

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David MarkeyAE CS6 autosaves, even when unchecked
by on Sep 9, 2012 at 2:47:38 pm

I have autosave unchecked in my preferences, but sometimes the system still saves and ends up crashing. I've noticed the problem consistently when I enter roto-brush mode.

specs:
Macbook Pro 2.53 GHZ i5, 8gb RAM, 10.6.8.
HVX footage 720, 59.94

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: AE CS6 autosaves, even when unchecked
by on Sep 9, 2012 at 3:19:29 pm

Could be related to using the disc cache. Try disabling it and see if the problem persists.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

David MarkeyRe: AE CS6 autosaves, even when unchecked
by on Sep 9, 2012 at 7:08:56 pm

That seems to have helped. Thanks.

I still find it strange that After Effects is auto-saving even though I unchecked that option in my preferences.

Return to posts index

Erik WaluskaRe: AE CS6 autosaves, even when unchecked
by on Sep 9, 2012 at 7:38:04 pm

I've had that happen several times too on my Mac Pro at work but with CS5 and I also have auto-save unchecked. In my case it seems to happen when dragging an asset into AE to import or sometimes when dragging from the project panel into the comp viewer but it's not a repeatable problem, it's very random. Right as I release the mouse to drop whatever it is the auto-save box pops up for a split second and then AE crashes, but fortunately usually saves a copy before it dies. I'll have to try Johnny's suggestion to disable disk cache and see if that works for me too.

Return to posts index

David MarkeyRe: AE CS6 autosaves, even when unchecked
by on Sep 9, 2012 at 7:55:39 pm

i thought instead of an auto-save, maybe it was a 'pre-crash save.' that may explain some of the instances, but it seems AE also saves periodically without crashing, even though auto-save is unchecked.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]