ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Removing Thong Strap

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Josh BrineRemoving Thong Strap
by on Sep 8, 2012 at 9:16:57 pm

So i have an um, sensitive shot, (sex scene) where i have to remove the strap of a thong from our talents hip.

its basically a wire removal, but the strap is curved, and obviously there is some non liner movement.

im making progress on this so far. but its slow, i want to share my techniques thus far and get some feed back on things i havent tried, ideas etc.

so far. i have tried

1.ccwireremoval & RG Key correct Wireremoval, both use the out to in pixel replacement cloning method and its way to obvious on her skin. and the movement of them is even more apparent.

2. created a freezeframe, tracked the strap, pinned it and edited the mask to fit the curves. this one wwas fast but not really convincing, maybe with a bit more work but i kind of abandoned it as the plate was simply dead compared to her skin.

3. so far the most successful but time consuming technique, has been to duplicate the footage, create a mask and feather it, moving the duplicate layer to cover the strap. this works and looks good for the most part. but is really time consuming. i wouldnt be so opposed but i have a deadline of a week to do many many shots.

so yeah. if you have any ideas i could try, things to speed stuff up, or what ever. just let me know thanks.

Return to posts index

Jim ArcoRe: Removing Thong Strap
by on Sep 9, 2012 at 12:35:29 pm

Let me be the first to suggest: Could you post 30-40 minutes of the footage? uhm...just so we could understand better?

(OK, got that out of my system.)

You may have already tried this, is there a way to key on the offending strap? That might at least make your work a bit simpler.

Return to posts index

Angelo LorenzoRe: Removing Thong Strap
by on Sep 9, 2012 at 5:59:25 pm

I like Jim's suggestion. You may be able to use a luma key and a loose mask to at least build a track of the offending strap.

Angelo Lorenzo
Fallen Empire Digital Production Services - Los Angeles
RED transcoding, on-set DIT, and RED Epic rental services
Fallen Empire - The Blog
A blog dedicated to filmmaking, the RED workflow, and DIT tips and tricks

Return to posts index

Steve BrameRe: Removing Thong Strap
by on Sep 13, 2012 at 10:28:39 pm

I totally disagree with all current suggestions. The only way to remedy this sort of problem is to reshoot. I would like to offer my assistance, free of charge, of course. You may contact me to advise of the location.

"98% of all computer issues can be solved by simply pressing 'F1'."
Steve Brame
creative illusions Productions

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved