ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

After Effects: In my final renders, images on 3D layers will disappear and the sound is out of sync (solved).

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott LeneauAfter Effects: In my final renders, images on 3D layers will disappear and the sound is out of sync (solved).
by on Sep 8, 2012 at 7:15:40 pm

Problem:

I am working in After Effects CS6 on an HD kinetic type animation using a lot of 3D layers, lights, and the raytrace rendering engine. Everything would preview just fine when I would RAM preview, but when I rendered out, text and other graphical elements would either not show up, show up and later disappear (with no keyframe triggering their disappearance), or show significantly later then they were keyframed to. On top of this, I couldn't get the sound to sync up properly. It would sometimes follow the animation, sometimes be a little off, and sometimes stutter and hiccup. These anomalies were usually pretty consistent during playback, regardless of which program I used to view it, but not always. Rendering out smaller resolution files did not change anything, nor did rendering out different formats and codecs.

Solution:
As for the audio, I saved my mp3s as .wav files, and the sound issues disappeared. Apparently After Effects does NOT like using compressed files. While i'm not sure what principle is at work with my visual problems, I found that when I had a layer arranged in 3D space, and placed other 3D layers in front of it, I also had to change the layer order so that they objects closer to the camera were higher up on the layer order. This solved my issue. I don't know why, and I don't know what principle is at work here, all I know is that I'm not pulling my hair out anymore.

If this doesn't work for you, feel free to let me know.

Return to posts index

Sherridon RoutleyRe: After Effects: In my final renders, images on 3D layers will disappear and the sound is out of sync (solved).
by on Aug 20, 2013 at 7:18:52 pm

For other's who come across this problem ... there is also a finicky problem when mixing 2d layers inside 3d layers, make sure all layers are 3d (although 2d layers in the background seem to function fine).

Funny story > recently I came across a layer that was disappearing when rendering and nothing I did fixed it. Only after many hours of hair tearing I found out I'd somehow enabled the GUIDE LAYER option. :(

Return to posts index

Aidan MorrisseyRe: After Effects: In my final renders, images on 3D layers will disappear and the sound is out of sync (solved).
by on Feb 25, 2015 at 12:08:09 pm

Did you guys get this sorted? The same thing is happening to me when I have my cameras and text arranged in pre-comps. I have no idea why, and changing the order of them did not work.

Please help!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]