ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

psd walking loop sequence in AE

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gerard Russopsd walking loop sequence in AE
by on Sep 8, 2012 at 3:26:22 pm

Hi all,

I'm having trouble with a hand drawn walking loop. The actual loop works fine and looks great when it just walks on the spot but when I move the position of the sequence across the set at the correct speed it looks as though the feet stutter back and forth. I imagine this is because of the 8fps loop contrasting with the smooth positioning.

I really want to avoid going close and dragging the position for each step so any advice would be much appreciated!

Return to posts index

Matthew KeaneRe: psd walking loop sequence in AE
by on Sep 8, 2012 at 5:32:30 pm

This may be the opposite of what you want to achieve, but if you want the movement across the screen to match the 8fps walking loop, you could try using the Posterize Time effect to effectively turn your smooth movement into an 8fps one, which should stop the feet sliding across the ground. You probably need to precomp your anim to apply the effect.

Return to posts index

chris brettRe: psd walking loop sequence in AE
by on Sep 8, 2012 at 8:16:28 pm

Hi Gerard

...... not entirely sure if I get it but I reckon you need to get your cycle to run on 'threes'.

If the anim has 8 drawings per second and you want it to look ok in a 25 fps setup it makes sense ( to me ) to multiply each position in the cycle by 3 ie 3 copies of first drawing then 3 copies of second etc etc....

.... then that way ( although its not an exact match ) the number of video frames to complete the cycle is roughly the same as the frame rate of the comp assuming your comp is set to 25 fps.

chris brett // uk

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved