ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Affter effect error

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ladan RazeghiAffter effect error
by on Sep 7, 2012 at 10:35:42 am

Hi. I'm working with Element 3D and it's amazing but there is one problem. At the time of rendering I keep getting error "your video card does not support the selected configuration" and "out of memory"! Yet my project is very small 6 second sting which is simply spinning a dog tag with 3d text. I'm working on Mac OS X 10.6.8 Processor 2*2.26 GHz and Memory 6 GB. I left "RAM to leave for other applications" 1GB and can't think of anything else. Your help will be appreciated.

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: Affter effect error
by on Sep 8, 2012 at 2:23:52 pm

[Ladan Razeghi] "I'm working with Element 3D and it's amazing but there is one problem. At the time of rendering I keep getting error "your video card does not support the selected configuration" and "out of memory"! Yet my project is very small 6 second sting which is simply spinning a dog tag with 3d text. I'm working on Mac OS X 10.6.8 Processor 2*2.26 GHz and Memory 6 GB. I left "RAM to leave for other applications" 1GB"

It's possible that the "out of memory" error may be referring to video RAM on the GPU, not system RAM in your computer. Element 3D processes images entirely in OpenGL on the GPU, and if you don't have sufficient VRAM to load the scene and textures, it will fail.

What graphics card do you have?

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]